Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dance of the Migrating Birds

What glorious choreography as I glance into the sky to witness a flock of migrating birds in flight, moving as one, swooping, clustering, spreading, turning with a synchronicity that bears the touch of God.  It is often nature that shows us in such profound ways what we need to know about our lives and our connection with the Divine.

Life is not some random flapping about, but is choreographed just like the dance of migrating birds.  They never take a straight route to their destination, but instead seem to glory in the flight, a ballet of cooperation and delight, following a very winding flight pattern but always with "South" in mind.

My spiritual journey has swooped this way, turned and gone that way, circled back to this understanding and then taken a graceful arch a different way, but always seeking my "South,"  my ever growing ever changing realization of the Divine and of humankind's search for a closer connection and fuller understanding of our Source.

What lessons are there for me to see?  Which way will my dance of migration to my Divine Source take me today?  I think I will just open my eyes and experience the glory of the flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment