Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Shadow and Light


For the past while my own personal artwork has led me into a reflection of shadow and light. I have been drawing free form mandalas with a black Sharpie marker and use either color pencils or watercolors to complete them. This has been my regular Art Journaling practice for about 2 years.

After completing a drawing, I always photograph my work. About six months ago I began using my photo editor to make a negative image of the original to explore the shadow of what I had drawn. The work has been powerful. This spring will begin incorporating it into one of my workshops.  Here is a collage of today's mandala. The central image is the original drawing.  It is surrounded by different versions of its shadow.  How does each one evoke a different feeling for you?

I will be doing a 3 session training on this process this Spring in Davidson, NC. Let me know if you live in the area and are interested in attending.



No comments:

Post a Comment