Thursday, September 5, 2013

Embraced


 
 
 
 
 
  
           
Walking the labyrinth with the rising sun
        In the crisp morning light
                searching, praying, to be something more than I am
                       no playfulness, no peace…..
My cat on the labyrinth path
             basks in the rising sun,
                      content, still
The sparrow in the crisp morning light
            flits this way and that
                     lighthearted, glorious
My cat does not wish to be a dog
            neither does the sparrow long to be an eagle
                      each living fully in the moment of being what they are
Reaching the center of my spiral path, 
           resting on the cool firm stone 
                     the orange ball rising from the trees 
 I am embraced in the light of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment